A global technology business unlocked tremendous value by transforming its cost structure and operating model to enable focus on core business.
Table of Contents
- Two core business with equal focus one more profitable than the other
- Addressing the organizational and operating model challenges resulting from recent acquisitions and industry shifts
- Identifying cost savings, process and operating model streamline opportunities
- Focusing resources at all levels on the most promising areas of the business
Transform cost structure and operating model to enable focus on core business:
- Analyzed market conditions and comparative competitive investments in related business
- Framed fully burden cost structure for core business
- Assessed impact in the market of investment changes
- Targeted specific areas for cost reduction, operating model transformation, and investments
- Consulted with stakeholders to create plan
- Coach execution of plan for internal realignment and adoption in the market
Impact on client’s business:
Rapid path to stability and growth
- The company achieved 20% reduction in operating costs.
- Company, including senior management became focused on high return side of business.
- The operating model transformation enabled a resurgence in the remaining core business.